All the hot water you need with less energy
Hot water systems are on average the second-largest energy users in Australian homes and the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. Luckily, there's an option that will help your wallet and the environment.
We offer heat pump hot water systems in conjunction with other home energy solutions. When paired with solar, your water heating costs could be dramatically reduced.
Let's see how we can help you
Ready to go solar? Ask our in-house team of experts about a hot water heat pump solution too.
Heat pump hot water systems - the more efficient option
Hot water heat pumps are the most efficient water heating option for many households. Up to five times more efficient than conventional electric hot water systems, they can save you money and emissions.
A smart heat pump hot water system can:
- Reduce your hot water energy use by up to 80%*
- Use your excess solar power to heat your hot water
- Give you additional hot water quickly as you need it
- Match your energy use with off-peak energy rates
- Set and forget to enjoy continuous energy efficient low-cost hot water
Benefits of a hot water heat pump
Get all the hot water you need – whenever you want – while reducing your electricity costs and your carbon footprint.
Reduce your energy bill from day one
Heat pumps are highly efficient, consuming a fraction of the energy of conventional hot water systems.
Maintain control and benefit from off-peak rates
Schedule your heat pump to run during the day on solar power or to coincide with off-peak energy rates.
Access national and state government rebates
Eligible homeowners, landlords or tenants can lower the system upfront costs with assistance from the National and Victorian government.
How does it work?
Instead of using electricity to directly heat the water, heat pumps absorb heat from the air outside (even on cold days) and use it to heat your water.
This uses far less energy and can be used with or without solar, saving you money and emissions.
When used with solar, a heat pump uses your excess solar power to heat the water during the day. It then stores that hot water for use later on, essentially functioning like a battery.
The brands we offer
Custom designed for Australian conditions, our brands of choice come with warranties of up to 15 years, so you can enjoy savings year in, year out.
Reclaim Energy CO2 heat pumps
- Highly efficient – Average co-efficient of performance (COP) of 5
- Quietest system on the market – 37dB operating noise
- From an Australian-owned company
- Option of 250 litre (suitable for 3+ person household), 315 litre (suitable for 4-5 person household) or 400 litre storage tank (suitable for 5+ person household)
- Operates down to minus 10°C
- Uses a highly efficient and environmentally friendly CO2 refrigerant
- Up to 6 years warranty on the heat pump and 10-15 years on the tank
- Includes full display to monitor energy usage
An electric element is not required
Apricus All-In-One heat pumps
- Efficient – Average co-efficient of performance (COP) of 4.13
- Very quiet - 43dB operating noise
- Designed for Australian conditions
- 260 litre storage tank (suitable for 3+ person household)
- Operates down to minus 7°C
- Uses R290 natural refrigerant that has low environmental impact
- 6 year warranty on the system
- Includes smart touch screen controller
Comes with electric element incorporated
Explore more energy solutions from RACV Solar
See one of these hot water systems in action
*Energy usage varies based on individual household requirements and location. Estimate is based on the results of field trials undertaken in Australia across 2018.