Why upgrade your hot water system?
After heating and cooling, your hot water system can be one of the most energy hungry appliances in your home. We offer systems that can make a big difference:
Smart heat pump hot water system
This is like an ordinary hot water system, but instead of using electricity to heat the water, it uses a heat pump. This draws in heat from the air outside (even on cold days) and converts this to heat your hot water, which uses far less energy. It can be used with or without solar.
With a smart heat pump hot water system, you could save up to 80% of your annual energy use*.
A smart heat pump hot water system can:
- Reduce your hot water energy use by up to 80%
- Use your excess solar power to heat your hot water
- Give you additional hot water quickly as you need it
- Match your energy use with off-peak energy rates
- Set and forget to enjoy continuous energy efficient low-cost hot water
Solar hot water system
This system uses tubes on your roof to heat your water by converting sunlight into energy. It also uses a gas or electric heater to boost hot water on cloudy days and is designed to be:
- Highly efficient
- Low maintenance
- And passively track the sun to provide more solar collection, for more hours of the day
Custom designed for Australian conditions
We use Reclaim Energy and Apricus, which have both been designed locally for our conditions. They come with warranties up to 15 years, so you can enjoy savings year in, year out.
Explore more energy solutions from RACV Solar
See one of these hot water systems in action
*Energy usage varies based on individual household requirements and location. Estimate is based on the results of field trials undertaken in Australia across 2018.