How much could you save with solar?
It’s well known that getting solar is one of the best ways to save money on energy. Solar Victoria estimates a typical household can save up to $1073 a year on electricity when they install solar panels and up to $640 a year with a battery (as of May 2023).
However, these savings will differ between households based on a number of factors, including:
- The size of your solar system (a larger system will generate more electricity)
- How much electricity you use and when you use it
- Your energy rates, including your usage rate and solar feed-in tariff
- Where you live and how much sun falls on your roof
- The type of system you get, including whether you get a battery
Due to the variability of these factors, it can be difficult to estimate your potential solar savings accurately without understanding what sort of solar system you might get.
That’s why a good solar installer will work with you to design a system specifically for your home or business based on your current and future energy needs. They should then draw up a personalised quote that includes the cost of the system, estimated savings and projected payback period, along with other important information including any rebates you might be eligible for and information about finance options.
Finance is an important consideration because, for many, it makes solar possible sooner.